The Leadership Experience Achievement Degree (L.E.A.D.) Program offers students of mature age the opportunity to earn their degree totally by Life Experience Credits without any required or additional course work. The MCU L.E.A.D. Program is a true Life Experience Degree program, designed to assess the students educational and academic standing through prior learning, professional experience and other factors.
College credit for life experience is defined by the U.S. Department of Education as credit earned by students for what they have learned through independent study, noncredit adult courses, work experience, portfolio demonstration, previous licensure or certification, or completion of other learning opportunities (military, government, or professional).
Students age 35 and older are offered the opportunity to take the Portfolio Assessment Evaluation to determine the student’s status and academic standing based on prior learning, practical experience, books read and seminars/symposiums attended. The L.E.A.D. Application Portfolio Assessment fee is $200.00, which is due and payable at the time the student submits his/her portfolio for assessment.
Upon review, the Board of Regents will make its determination whether or not the student qualifies for his/her degree. If the Board of Regents votes favorably, the student will pay the appropriate Degree by Portfolio fee required for the specific Degree level. [see Tuition & Fees]
For those who successfully qualify for the conferral of their L.E.A.D. Degree issued by Metropolitan Christian University and desire to participate in an official MCU Commencement Exercise, please contact the Office of Administration to make the necessary and proper arrangements. As with all MCU students, there is a $100.00 walking fee assessed for on-site Commencement Exercises.
|DEGREE||LIFE/PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS|
|Associates Degree||5 years minimum full-time Life/Professional Experience|
|Bachelors Degree||8 years minimum full-time Life/Professional Experience|
|Masters Degree||10 years minimum full-time Life/Professional Experience Requirement: a Bachelors Degree from a recognized and accredited institution|
|Master of Divinity||12 years minimum full-time Life/Professional Experience Requirement: a Bachelors Degree from a recognized and accredited institution|
|Doctoral Degree||20 years minimum full-time Life/Professional Experience Requirement: a Masters Degree from a recognized and accredited institution|
|Doctorate of Philosophy||30 years minimum full-time Life/Professional Experience Requirement: a Masters Degree from a recognized and accredited institution|
Upon successful achievement through the L.E.A.D. Program, the student receives the following:
- 8 1/2″ x 11″ Custom printed Diploma bearing the student’s name, degree earned and the gold seal of MCU
- Padded Diploma Cover
- Two (2) Official Transcripts signed and sealed by the MCU Registrar
- One (1) Letter of Educational Verification
- One (1) Letter of Recognition signed by the President of MCU
- One (1) Certificate of Membership in the MCU Alumni Association
MCU is one of the few non-governmentally accredited institution that is authorized through NAPTI, EEN and NBCA to administer the L.E.A.D. Degree Program, providing our students the opportunity to earn an accredited and recognized degree without additional academic requirements.
There is a $200.00 Portfolio Assessment Fee required to review and calculate total credits to be awarded for prior learning and professional credits earned. This Assessment Fee must be paid in full at time of application/enrollment and is non-refundable.
How One Qualifies for L.E.A.D.:
Be sure to follow the following instructions carefully. Failure to submit accurate information will be grounds for rejection of your application.
- Fill out in its entirety the required Portfolio Assessment Application.
NOTE: each essay question should be a minimum of 250-500 words.
- Answer each and every question pertaining to views of Biblical Doctrine and Theological studies. Please be sure to indicate via scripture your reasons for your view and provide any valid sustaining information you may have.
- List all books previously read. Include Title, Author, Publisher, ISBN number, Copyright Date, and Edition for each book
- Submit your personal/professional resume, which can be copied and pasted from a Word.doc or .PDF into the proper field of the application
- Submit three (3) or more personal character references. Include Name, Address, Phone number, Email address, and Years Acquainted.
- Acquire your previous Official Transcripts from all schools previously attended and have them forwarded to MCU.
NOTE: MCU will only accept official transcripts issued by the school. Student transcripts and/or photocopies are not acceptable.
- Indicate the Degree(s) you are applying for.
NOTE: The Board of Regents makes the final determination of the actual Degree and Discipline earned